Friday, June 12

breathe. breathe.

So i'm doing the flowers for a friend's wedding.

Self-destruction imminent.

Why do yellow freesia exist, but just not today?

Can i wire a brassidium orchid bloom from my own plant for a corsage? Will it hold up?

And why the hell do flowers need so much damned attention? Do people realize how much work it takes to make them sit there and look pretty?

Does any of it really matter, anyway?

...probably not.


I will report back once the storm has cleared. Right now my balcony looks really, really pretty, though :)

(no wonder every flower shop owner that i have ever met is basically bat-shit insane. (no offense, guys and gals))

xo,
h

2 comments:

Altered Glass said...

Pictures, we want to see pictures!!! Love, love flowers and then I curse. You have the job that would truly push me over the edge... because flowers don't cooperate when you want them to. I'm better with the outdoors kind. For example, I would be better with a mutt than a pure bred poodle, ya know. I am sure your friend is so appreciative, but frankly, I couldn't handle the pressure! Have a great weekend, sounds to me like you will be celebrating...

silvergirl said...

You are so right! Passers-by always make the assumption that i must have a great job, because "flowers don't talk back!". What i always want to reply is, "no, but customers do!"

And your point about flowers being uncooperative is right on the mark. So much so that when one actually does, you can feel the relief flooding through you. (Admittedly, it is a great feeling when that happens, though ;) )