Monday, June 1

Blackbirds on the roof again.

Listening to Swami on a Saturday night. i was in bed, finishing my book. Nat was busy at the desk, as usual. Suddenly a song came on the radio and i found myself looking, really looking, at the radio, as if it were telling me something very, very important. When it was almost over (and possibly gone forever), i snapped out of it, sat up and said "what is this?"

"i know!" Nat looked at me with wide eyes and we realized that we'd both been wonderfully somewhere else for those few moments...

i asked if maybe it was the Dead Kennedys, but Nat thought not. He looked it up (thank you internet, for the umpteenth time) and found it right away: The Undertones' "Teenage Kicks". This again proves that i was born in the wrong decade.


From John Peel:

'Teenage Kicks' came on the radio, and I had to pull the car over to the side of the road. There's nothing you could add to it or subtract from it that would improve it.

...i couldn't have said it better myself.

Listen, but don't watch (this is for ears and hearts only):

No comments: