Monday, October 19

a green-eyed, yellow-bellied, silver-tongued dark horse.

I


t's been ages. What have you been up to? As for me:


~saw a black widow.
~accidentally vacuumed up a pair of underwear.
~won an orchid (Cattleya) at an orchid fair.
~finally procured a jar of artichoke hearts (note: waited waaaaay too long to discover this).
~bit my nails back down to stumps.
~found out what blue Curaçao tastes like. verdict? not so great.

and:

~currently experiencing some sort of (pre-?)midlife crisis.

That last one is probably due to the fact that i will soon be entering into my third decade of life on this zany, spinning marble and haven't got anything of substance to show for it. Nor, for that matter, a whole lot of prospects on the horizon. But i think it's because i have been way too busy hiding under a rock to see anything. Hope this can be helped.

In other news: don't you just love bright green trees against a gunmetal sky?

And don't you just hate putting pillowcases on pillows? Yeah. Me too.

2 comments:

Jane said...

ok, I admit it, i am a stalker...no really I am not, I just happened upon your blog again after many months. I am sick too, the internal organs/back is bad! OMG, need I tell you? So sorry to hear that you are sick too, yet kinda comforted in a wierd sort of misery loves company way. Lonely when you're sick, no hugs, no kisses, friends do think you have cooties..... awwww, shit this sucks!

Really just wanted to tell you, I myself am enjoying ice pops, yes, the root beer variety, with toast and spun honey. Much love and comfort to you. maybe I will actually become a follower instead of a lurker. ♥

silvergirl said...

Lurk away, my friend... lurk away. Nothin' to see here ;)

Hope you are well. Toast 'n honey makes for a great curative.