Saturday, January 24

Saturday used to mean cartoons and tree sap

Huh. For some reason, i really hate the people on Flickr whose profile photos are of themselves holding a camera up to a mirror, taking a picture of their own face. UGH! Why do you do this, people?!

(although, is that any less irritating than using a photo of a seahorse that you found somewhere on the internet? not sure.)

For some reason i'm in a mood today, no big surprise though. Gaining weight from not smoking; it's been just over three weeks now. i need to get out of the damn house and ride my bike, is what i need to do. Took home some flowers from work yesterday- seems like my whole (measly!) paycheck goes towards flowers sometimes... i guess it all balances out in the end? I'll take a picture and then someday far far away i will get the film developed and you can see the black beauties, freesias, tuberoses, belles of ireland, and the silver vase. It will be fan-fucking-tastic.

Got lost on this Flickr photostream today... do you ever just want to be someone else for awhile? Of course you do.

Hafta buy Nat a new chair today. Someone put a sign up in the lobby for a pretty blue stuffed office-type chair for only ten bucks! There's gotta be something wrong with it, but i don't have a car and i need a chair, so i takes my chances.

Well, the birds are chirping outside, like, "get a f*!%@in' move on!" So move i do.

p.s.) Saw a good movie last night, The Lives of Others. Made me crave more info on the fall of the Berlin Wall, or rather life in East/West Berlin beforehand... what a fucked up world we live in! Why are things so split off like that? And who the fuck do people think they are? Honestly. But yeah, it is a pretty engrossing film, i highly recommend it.
Although the main actor looked a lot like Kevin Spacey, which was fucking me up for some reason.
Toodles!

p.p.s.) Yesterday there were some damn fools in front of the grocery store selling cosmetics, of all things (to sell on a folding table in front of a health food store on a Friday afternoon). They saw me coming out and must have had collective heart-attacks to see who could savage me first... i told them no thank you, and then good luck!, but with a rude face, after they continued to hound me. Can you just please take a hint? Beyond that, can you just please fuck off and die? And as i walked away, i heard the strains of a Genesis song on their little portable boombox. hahahahaha, wow! It's like they knew exactly what would hurt me the most.

4 comments:

bird feet said...

We tried to watch The Lives of Others when we were in Berlin, but the video store didn't have any with subtitles, even German subtitles, which made it too hard for me. I could've gotten by with German subtitles, but there were also lots of words that were sort of Communist lingo, so I don't think I could've gotten them anyway. There's a book called Stasiland - can't remember the writer, it's an Australian woman - that was pretty fascinating. It's not too deep into the government, more just about the lives of people that lived in East Germany. I recommend it as a library book.

bird feet said...

Sorry to hijack your 2 cents section here, but there's another movie about East Berlin, maybe you've seen it already? Sonnenallee. It's amazing. It takes place very close to the fall of the wall and it's very endearing.

silvergirl said...

hm, haven't ever even heard of Sonnonallee before- will have to check it out. And definitely putting Stasiland on my "to read" list, 'specially since i have to hit the library soon, as i seem to have lost my library card and can no longer have books transferred to my local branch from my computer without it :(

silvergirl said...

er, Sonnenallee. Gah! i'm so obsessive i have to actually correct my own spelling after the fact. Wow, ain't life grand? ;)