Friday, October 24

Birthdays.

So i just got a card in the mail from my dentist.

Thought maybe it was a second reminder that i need my 6-month cleaning/check done, and it rankled me because dammit, i'll make the appointment when i'm ready, vile fiends! Plus, i can't stand wasting paper. Just call me next time.

But then i opened the card, and guess what? It's a birthday card.

Well, thanks guys and gals! i guess it's a little extra service they provide, and you know what? i actually think it's kinda sweet. Part of me stiffens at the possible insincerity of it all, but then i have to remind myself not to be so suspicious and negative all the time.

Basically, this is the first birthday where i've started to feel old. The big 2-9. Or, as a school chum of Nat's said recently upon celebrating her own, "Thirty minus one."
From what i've heard, this is a common age to begin feeling this way. It's so cliche, but seriously: i'm almost thirty, and what have i done with my life? Not a whole hell of a lot. Time to start rockin' the world. Live life to the fullest, as they say.

And you know what? i think i'll start by making a dentist appointment. Ah, yeah. That's the stuff.

No comments: